Tuesday, August 4, 2020

3e Ligne in 6MM



    
    While visiting my parents for a little, I was able to paint some of my 6mm Adler Miniatures. These are truly the most detailed 6mm out there and even better than some larger scale miniatures. I decided to paint a few test figures to get a feel for painting again. It has been over 3 years since I painted and I felt these are a good start. 6mm miniatures are easier to paint than larger scales and I enjoy creating larger battalions. I have decided to start painting the 3e Ligne because I had some grenadiers in bearskins and I wanted to see how the unique sky blue uniform would look of the fusilier drummers/ voltigeurs cornets in 6mm. I think the color came out pretty good and like a lot of paintings it looks better in person. Below are French fusiliers, Grenadiers, Voltigeurs, wounded, and killed.  Painting the wounded and dead miniatures was interesting as I was researching the wounded and killed soldiers from the Battle of Thann. Putting a name to the men who were casualties on April 19, 1809 makes it more rewarding to paint this little dudes as my wife calls them!

    For anyone intersted in learning how to paint 6mm I highly recommend these painting tutorials. Sadly, none of these blogs are still active in 6mm, but a great place to learn the skills to paint 6mm. I have taken skills from each of these blogs, but the most important thing I have learned is that you need to be tidy and leave some of the black showing to help the miniatures pop.

















1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael, inspirational painting at such a tiny scale.

    ReplyDelete